Asparagus Pastry and other Ingredients......
Asparagus pastry and other vegetables comine to make some great
snacks and finger food. Here you will find a number of recipes based on
asparagus encased in a pastry in one way or another.
My favouritie for Party nibbles are the Asparagus and Goats Cheese Filo rolls. They are VERY easy to make and cook in no time.
Also incredibly easy and very tasty is the Puff Pastry topped with stir fried vegetables shown above center.
Asparagus and Goats Cheese Filo rolls
- Ready rolled filo pastry, fresh
- Goats Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Snap the ends off the asparagus and rinse in cold water
the asparagus in the microwave and cook for about 10 - 20 seconds
depending on how much you are making. Just enough for the asparagus to
heat throuough but not cook. If you don't have a microwave just dip them
into boiling water for about 10-20 seconds
- Unroll the filo
patry and lay a single piece of asparagus on a sheet. Pop some bads of
goast cheese along the length of the asparagus and wrap leaving the ends
- Using scissors cut the lenght of the roll into about 4-5cm lengths
- Place in a baking sheet and cook for a few minutes until the pastry turn s a golden colour. Watch it to be sure it does not burn
- Serve warm or cold (warm is best) as finger food or leave in long rolls to serve as a starter with salad
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Where to Buy Asparagus and what to look for
Basic Preparation of Asparagus
Equipment for Cooking Asparagus
When and How to Harvest Asparagus
Puff Pastry Topped with Stir Fried Vegetables
Serves: 4 for a fairly filling snack or cut into pieces coudl serve 8-10 as starters.
- 1 pack Ready to roll Puff Pastry, fresh
- Asparagus, Fresh or Frozen
- Red, yellow or orange sweet pepper
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Tomatoe Puree
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Snap the ends off the asparagus and rinse in cold water, if using frozen do not defrost use from frozen
- Cut asparagus into chunks about 1-2cm long
- Chop mushrooms and pepper into 1-2com cubes
- Cut a standard pack of puff pastry into four equal squares and roll each out to make four squares about 6 inches by 6 inches.
- Spread each square with a thin layer of tomato puree leaving a 2cm border
a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry quickly for a minute or two
(not very long at all they will continue to cook in the oven)
- Spread the vegetable mix on the puff pastry leaving a border of about 2cm and top with cherry tomatoes cut in half
on a baking sheet and cook for about 8 - 10 minutes or until the pastry
turns a golden colour. Watch it to be sure it does not burn
- Serve warm or cold (warm is best)with salad
you could add a few pieces of cheese for a tasty finish but its not necessary
Other ways to combine asparagus pastry and a host of other ingrediants can be found under:
Salmon and Asparagus
Fancy Trying One of Our Favourite Recipes?
or visit our main